Chromebook: Switching tabs causes page to refresh
If your Chromebook is running low on memory, switching tabs can cause the page to refresh which can cause partially completed forms to reset and lose data.
To prevent your chromebook from refreshing when switching tabs, first make sure to close any unneeded tabs.
Disable Proactive Tab Freeze and Discard
- enter chrome:flags in the URL bar
- enter proactive in the search flags field
- change the setting to Disabled
If the above steps do not work, you can temporarily disable a tab from being discarded by following the steps below
Toggle tab Freeze/Discard
- enter chrome:discards in the URL bar
- find the row for website tab that keeps refreshing
- If the Auto Discardable column for that tab has a green checkmark, Click the Toggle link below the check mark to disable the feature